Friday, June 19, 2009

First an iPhone...

Now a BLOG! What is happening to me??? I have a strange feeling that now I'm gonna pop up pregnant too! (This is just a joke and is in no way intended to be a hint...)

So, I've been thinking a long time about blogging...my husband has been prodding me for years to do this. He seems to think that it might be therapeutic for me to type out my thoughts, fears, joy and frustrations of this crazy life we live.

I've tried to think of what I have to say...what I SHOULD say about myself... a few things pop up, most of them I've stolen from other sources and given them to myself as an identity. Things such as:

"loving and devoted mother"
"amazing housewife"
"exemplary wife and parent"
"ridiculously trustworthy friend"
"oh-my-she-can-cook-a-steak chef"

Truth be told, none of these really fit me. I have a shirt that reads: "wife. mom. marathoner." While I do or have done all three, it's not really the REAL me. It doesn't reveal the tension that I live with daily in my own heart between what I think, what I feel, what I want to do, and what I actually do.

There's really only one phrase that pretty much sums it all up in one concise statement....

I am a Pastor's Wife.

There. I said it. It's true. That sentence packs way more of a punch that anyone can even imagine...unless, of course, you're one too. Then you know.

So, I have decided to heed my husband's advice and dive in.
I think it will be fun for me to type out this Crazy Life of a Pastor's Wife.
(I'll throw in a few pictures, too, so long as I feel they present the more perfect side of me and my life and my kids....)

Robie

8 comments:

  1. looking forward to it; its been a great journey so far, and you make an amazing "pastors wife"

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe it's true! You are here! Now, are really going to 'let us in'?? : ) You know we all want to know more of Robie! : )

    And you do make an amazing pastors wife ; )

    ReplyDelete
  3. excited to read about your crazy life.... i miss your humor!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Robie!! Wish I could see you first had as a pastor's wife. I am sure you are amazing because you did a great job as the wife of the Anchor ministry leader and a Bible study leader yourself.

    I am glad I saw you guys first hand in your preparation to pastoral ministry stage in the Boston area and also your preparation of family stage and being able to participate in a Baby Shower for your first!! Exciting times God Bless!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. robie,
    i'm so grateful for this. chris follows jonathan's blog closely...is always encouraged by it. and i think a bit envious of church planting vs. church renewal. and i completely identify with the unwelcome companion of self pity. for all of the times i've been told "i don't see you as a pastor's wife; don't worry about it," i've longed for someone to get it. it doesn't matter what others see; it really is a different life.

    can't wait to read more!
    stephanie (from gcts)

    ReplyDelete
  6. thanks for doing this and walking with my wife as we finish seminary and think about/ pray about/ talk about church planting. Sometimes she feels very alone and like no one else can relate to her because none of my seminary friends' are church planters or if they are the wives say they are'nt scared to be a planters wife

    ReplyDelete
  7. Robie, good to see you out here, and looking forward to learning how to love and lead my bride better through your lenses.

    Thank you for your vulnerability and honesty in this as well.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I don't know you but I also live the crazy life of a pastor's wife, and since I'm a fellow blogger, my husband thought I'd enjoy reading your thoughts (he reads Jonathan). Thanks for sharing--I'll stay posted! :)

    ReplyDelete